Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 8 Case Study 07

1. If you were the teacher, how would you handle this situation?
I would have given them zero's on that exam (the earlier one no because I cant prove that they cheated in that way). I would talk to the students with the principal and inform the parents. This is a serious offense and should be dealt with immediately, if we dont have strict concequenes students will cheat and continue to be problematic.

2. As a teacher, would you ban all cell phones in your classroom?
Yes. even though they could "provide a beneficial tool for the classroom". Thats great I dont care, not everyone has a droid or an Iphone to download that app. I also think that it encourages students to use their phone more, and gives them the excuse "oh i was just submitting and answer" when they are texting. Its a can of worms with more cons then pro's.

3. What should happen to Laura and Jessica?
Their phones should be taken away till friday of that week, parents contacted, talk with the principal and possibility of detention.

4. Should cell phones be prohibited in schools? If so, how do you make parents feel
that their kids are safe at school? And how can a policy be enforced?
Yes. Cell phones should be off from when class starts to 5 min after the last bell. This way no student can cheat if they need to call home then they can use the classroom phone or an office phone we will provide that for them. and that is also what I would tell parents. in the case of a severe emergency Cellphone use would be difficult. Lets say a lockdown for an intruder, well are students texing home causing panics? are they texting the intruder their location? that one is hard to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment