Sunday, November 6, 2011

Case Study 4 Week 10

1. even though podcasting is relatively easy to set up and record, I feel like you will need a lot of personal preparation to be ready for recording a podcast. A Podcast is recorded and documented for ever. As an instructor you will want to have your lecture almost turned into a "speech" you wond want to make mistakes, the technology will want to be up running and cued up, and probably will blow by students who want to ask questions. it wont feel as "lively" as if it were just a normal class lecture.
2. Attendance I can see as a huge problem with podcasting in that sense of "well why dont I just stay here instead of going to class" granted that is easier in higher education than it is in public schools, but is this just the start for students to use that as an excuse. Benefits I can see for those students who are sick or have family emergencies this could be a good tool for them if they absolutely can not attend class.
3. regardless of a podcast students need to attend class, Like I said above, if I choose to do a podcast recording of every lecture I would only distribute those lectures to students whom could not make the class, this way they have "attended" class to their fullest potential.
4. No. people are different I for one am afraid of online classes, being that i learn face to face (I also pay for that as well). A big part of a class is the comunal discussions and projects, putting things all online takes away that sense of community, and isolates students.

No comments:

Post a Comment